Friday, February 02, 2007

Ironically stressed

I have been going through a bit of a rough time lately. Leaving the job after two weeks was the right decision, but it has affected me more than I thought it would. The first ten days went by like a breeze, and then it caught up with me. Stress. Purely mental of course. Desillusion. Too many thoughts fighting in my head. Too much pressure to take decisions, to know where to now.

Although I feel better now, and I am more less letting myself grow with the flow, my body is telling me otherwise. I have physical reactions to my mental state. Naturally. Skin problems, backache, etc. Additionally, I am not part of the fortunates who loose weight with stress. Quite the opposite. I eat more. I also suddenly find myself being unable to take any decision whatsoever. Instead of doing and thinking afterwards, i.e. being my normal Aries self, I simply have stopped doing. And thinking.

Ironical if you ask me. I have always worked well under stress/pressure. But I don't seem to be doing so well under no pressure. Correction: under the high pressure I put on myself.

No comments: