Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I do my own laundry

I never thought I'd be so happy about it, but I am actually ecstatic! Our washing machine was delivered today, and after more than two years without one - doing our laundry by either going to M's parents on the weekends, washing by hand, or having M's mother doing it for us - needless to say the first load is already running. You must be thinking I'm mad... how I can be happy about doing laundry, especially when someone else did it for me? The fact is I never especially enjoyed doing laundry before. But being able to wash what I want, when I want, the way I want it and all that at home and not by hand seems to me like a luxury right now rather than a task.


And now for the real luxury, we even got a dryer, which I'll be using as soon as the first load is done and which will be simplifying my life greatly, especially when the Little One's here! Ups, got to go. The first load is done!

No comments: