Friday, April 25, 2008

Unimaginable

My little calendar shows 39 days to go today. 39 days until the birth of our baby girl. Do you believe me if I tell you that I cannot realize it? I honestly cannot. It's not that I am afraid, it's just that I cannot believe that I am soon going to give birth. I cannot conceive that a little baby - my baby - will be with me every day of my life, for the rest of my life, in about a month. Yes my belly is big and I feel her every move at this point, yes I've had more than 8 months to get used to the idea, yes I want this baby more than anything in the world. Yet, it's still unimaginable to me.

Is that normal? Or at least frequent? Do many future mothers feel that way? Do we women, ever feel ready for the big day? Or is it another of our protective reflexes, like forgetting how painful the contractions were after the birth? Please enlighten me if you can.

No comments: