Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What an adventure indeed!

My childhood friend K has two children of her own, but as "it is the first time a good friend (of hers) is pregnant", she is excitedly living my pregnancy through pics, phone calls and emails. The other day, K said to me "what an adventure it is to be pregnant!" I didn't truly agree at the time. Didn't disagree either, but just didn't see things that way. Her words stuck with me though.

As M started complaining that I snore very loud and that he couldn't sleep, I immediately rejected the idea and thought to myself that he was exagerating. I don't snore. I never have. I probably just breathe a bit louder because of the fact that my lungs are slightly squashed by the baby. Wrong. I do snore. I suffer from pregnancy-related snoring as they put it. With 30% of other pregnant women out there. There's nothing I can do except pray that it will go away after the birth, and find my husband sleeping in the guest room some mornings in the meantime.

And now that I think about it all, how I started having nose bleeds in the second trimester, how I've become a snorer in the third, how the mere sight of any kind of cream makes me feel sick, how my blood pressure has gone down and I now need to take things slower, how I am so easily out of breath these days, how I cannot walk as fast as I used to, or when I see how big my belly is, feel startled with each baby's move, realize with a mix of fear and expectation that I only have 7 weeks left till she comes out, then I completely agree with K. What an adventure indeed!

No comments: