Thursday, July 21, 2005

As clueless as Alicia Silverstone

Yes I work in the mobile industry and should be able to solve this mistery but I am completely clueless (as clueless as Alicia Silverstone): I have litterally tried everything and cannot figure it out.

I had the bright idea to buy a little thingy called a sim card copier for my father's birthday. This small and cheap little machine enables you to back up all the information you keep on your sim card of your mobile phone. Pretty practical when it works properly huh? We all use our mobile phone as our address book and calendar nowadays so we're pretty lost when we loose or have no access to our mobile phones, aren't we?

Anyhow, this is the mistery: the sim card copier is supposed to read any sim in the whole wide world and it does read all the cards I have tried except my father's and mine. Of course. It keeps giving us the error message 'error pin.' Now, we both have corporate accounts with our respective jobs, do you think that could be it and that these sim cards have an equivalent of firewall? If anyone can help me solve this problem, please do tell me what to do!

No comments: